Allowing apps to install packages

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 03:51:53 EET 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 15:54, Karol Pietrzak wrote:
>  I've actually posted about this project here a few months ago before I
> wrote a single line of code, and my post generated very little interest.
> Should I ask again? :)

i'd suggest looking at integrating your work into the Portland Project[1].
while this isn't on the integration tasks list[2], it would seem to fit in
just about perfectly.

current Portland Project code is not in a public repository, but that's being
fixed shortly (or may already be by the time i write this? =). it will be
hosted at freedesktop.org.

to discuss Portland Project specifics and introduce this, please send an email
to the Portland mailing list[3]

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Portland
[2] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/PortlandIntegrationTasks

Aaron J. Seigo