autostart spec changes

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 03:55:18 EET 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 08:18, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> Hi
>
> We've completed the implementation for GNOME of the autostart spec, but
> deviated a bit from it due to a few problems we found.
>
> First, some people think using XDG_CONFIG_DIRS is wrong for .desktop
> files. A better place would be XDG_DATA_DIRS/autostart,

I disagree with that as I already explained here:
   http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2006-February/007783.html
Has this been discussed on a mailinglist somewhere? I am interested to read
the arguments in favour of DATA_DIR.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group - Intel Corporation