autostart spec changes

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 14:46:20 EET 2006

Rodrigo Moya wrote:

>> >we (KDE) have this via immutability ([$i]) already. it's a sensible
>> > and generic (e.g. doesn't just apply to autostard) method IMHO. i'd
>> > recommend using that approach as it's already widely implemented in
>> > KDE and has years of use that shows it works well for all parties
>> > involved (coders, sys admins, etc)
>>
>> Just illustrating what Aaron means: the admin would write this in the
>> system-level .desktop file:
>>
>> Hidden[$i]=false
>
>can this be used for all keys?

Yes, for anything.

Any key, any section, or any file can have the [$i] flag, which marks that
key, section, or file immutable.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t wæs náht, se scieppend þone circolwyrde
wundorcræftlíge cennede and seo eorðe wæs idel and hit wæs gód.