Security issue with .desktop files revisited

Lennon Cook maguswizardo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 01:21:32 EET 2006

On 3/25/06, Mike Hearn <mike at plan99.net> wrote:
> What QA process? This is supposed to stop viruses that work by tricking
> the user into thinking they're a different type of file than they really
> are, as we've seen happen on Windows and MacOS X.
Sorry, misunderstood - I was thinking that a) it would be unlikely to
have only a .desktop file up for download, and b) therefore, this
would apply to installed apps (most likely via the distro), which one
hopes would go through QA. Sorry for the noise.

--
Lennon Victor Cook
"He who receives an idea from me receives without lessening, as he who