Exec in .desktop (was Re: Security issue with .desktop files revisited)

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Wed Mar 29 14:20:23 EEST 2006

On Tue, March 28, 2006 11:32, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Not even. First KDE, at least, lets you specify multiple commands
> separated by semi-colon so you could drop the 'sh -c':
>
> Exec=/usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes;/usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes

Wow. Does the spec allow this? I can't help but think about what we have
in the spec: "nonstandard extensions are not allowed here - you must add
an X-Foo-Exec field if you have nonstandard Exec lines".

I've nothing against supporting this, but this really needs to be
explicitly stated in the spec. From my reading of the spec, only
the keys which are "string(s)" (or regrexp(s), etc.) can use a semicolon
like this.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.