_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL for a corner panel

Peter Clark mla at forrussia.org
Wed May 31 19:05:56 EEST 2006

    I hope this is the right list; it had a lot of posts on EWMH, but if it's
not, could you tell me where to take my question?
    I'm trying to wrap my head around _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL when it applies to
corner panels (i.e., does not extend from edge to edge, but only occupies a
corner). Just for fun, I'm seeing if I can create an updated version of the
BeOS Deskbar (to give you a mental image of what I'm doing). I have a window
that sits in the upper-righthand corner of the screen, but can't get the
right combination for _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL; either it pushes all the other
windows down, or other windows can overlap it, or Kicker at the top doesn't
get pushed politely to one side, etc. Given the following (hypothetical)
numbers, what should _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL look like?
Screen: 1024x768
Deskbar: 256x512
left = ?
right = ?
top = ?
bottom = ?
left_start_y = ?
left_end_y = ?
right_start_y = ?
right_end_y = ?
top_start_x = ?
top_end_x = ?
bottom_start_x = ?
bottom_end_x = ?

And yes, the real code detects both the actual size of the screen and the
actual size of the deskbar; I just want to use real numbers for now to
understand the concept.
    Thanks,
    :Peter