mimetype standardisation by testsets

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 23:13:29 EET 2006

> 2006/10/30, Jos van den Oever <
> jvdoever at gmail.com <http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/xdg>>:
> >* To make it a bit more concrete (yes, you're probably not running
> *>* strigi svn) here's some code that generates the xml output using
> *>* kde3's metadata framework. I'm sure doing the same for other programs
>
> *>* is easy too. Then comes the hard task: making it all consistent.
> *
> Here's already a new version of the kde3 code. I forgot to escape the
> special xml entities.
> It's probably a good idea to open up a project in svn for this stuff.
>
> If there's enough interest about it, that is. Can someone arrange
> that? The testcases should also go in there.
>
> Cheers,
> Jos

Picking up the track from Gnome d-d-l I am interested in hearing if your are
also looking into a unifying dbus api for desktop indexers? Being a deskbar
developer I am greatly interested in this part of a potential spec.

If you are more on the metadata extraction part of it now (as it would seem)
I can try and make an overview of the current available apis, and try to
make some form of synthesis we can use as a base for further discussion...

Cheers,
Mikkel

PS: What indexers are around (and actively developed/maintained, and
actually has working code):

 - Tracker http://www.gnome.org/~jamiemcc/tracker/
 - Beagle http://beagle-project.org/
 - Strigi http://www.vandenoever.info/software/strigi/