Hello + sound event architecture

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Wed Nov 15 14:37:50 EET 2006

Hi.

I am the actual maintainer of the KNotify daemon.
I'd like to add my two cents.

KNotify currently doesn't support really theming, the user need to change all
the sound one by one in the config manually, this is bad.
The user could download KNotify config files anyway, for each application. but
that include all the configuration.

So IMO, a sound theme specification is a very good idea.
I even wanten to draft one, but I had no real time.

The theme specification should be basically the same as the icon
specification, like you did.
It should also contains a list of standards name.

The user will still able to choose a sound per notification in the knotify
configuration panel. He could choose between a sound from the theme, or
another file.

About the idea of a daemon, we have already KNotify for KDE application.