extended attribute standardization

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Sat Nov 18 00:32:44 EET 2006

On Fri Nov 17 18:44:01 2006, Claes at work wrote:
> I think one thing that makes xattrs somewhat special is that it is
> not
> usually the actual applications that save files that benefit from
> the
> setting attributes.

I just realized there's one instance where this would help the saving
application enormously - if an IMAP client saves an attachment and
uses the user.xdg.origin.url EA, then it can subsequently use the URL
with URLAUTH/BURL to resend it without uploading.

This is probably only of interest for those of us developing Lemonade
clients, and I'll add it to my todo list for Polymer, my little
client, but I just thought I'd share the idea as it occured to me.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/