simple search api (was Re: mimetype standardisation by testsets)

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 01:11:19 PST 2006

2006/11/21, Jos van den Oever <jvdoever at gmail.com>:

> 2006/11/21, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com>:
> >  - add getSnippet (in: s query, in: uris as, out: snippets a{ss})
> >    Returns a map of uri->snippet, with the snippet containing simple
> markup
> > to highlight the matching part. The markup should probably be limited to
> <b>
> > and <i> tags. Only uris actually having a meaning full snippet are
> returned.
> >  Example getSnippet("hello", ["file:///tmp/test.c",
> > "file:///tmp/portrait.jpg"]) returns ["
> > file:///tmp/test.c"->"...printf("<b>hello</b> world");... "]
> This should also allow for highlighting in other fields, notably
> filename and title, so:
> method getSnippet(in s query, in as uris, out a{sa{sas}})
> returning the same type as
> method getProperties ( in as files, out a{sa{sas}} properties )
> (the wiki has the wrong definition)

Ok, I updated the wiki. With these signatures. I also (tried) to clarify the
corresponding return value descriptions.

I also made all method capitalized (fx getProperties -> GetProperties) to
adopt the convention from the native org.freedesktop.DBus methods.

> Another switch for the query language could be "sort:" with some sane
> > sorting options...
> Agreed, with score as default. (algorithm for determining score is free)

Added to the list of switches. I made it optional for a start.

Cheers,
Mikkel