Linux Localization support for Thai language

Deen S. khundeen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 16:18:03 PST 2006

Hi All,

  With motivation from Bart Massey and his gang at Portland State U.,  here
is my attempt to make myself useful to the Open source community.  I haven't
used Linux for a couple year and now I heard a lot of good things about new
Xorg.

  I installed Debian a month ago and one of the things that striked me was
that there wasn't Thai option when I install it.  Not that I plan to use it
but I think many Thai people might want it.

  Could you please let me know who maintain the Thai localization at the
moment?  I would like to help on this.  I saw some issue but I like to
discussed since I am not sure if it doesn't support or it me who doesn't
know how to configure it correctly.  The idea desktop shouldn't require user
to do much configuration and I believe it's it's one of the goal of
freedesktop.org.

  I am not sure if this is too big of attempt since will probally have to
learn the basic.  Any help that can get me to the right start is very
welcome.

Thanks,
Deen