autostart spec, round 2!

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Thu Oct 19 18:48:39 EEST 2006

>> But it does have to be before the [Desktop Entry] group, to be
>> compatible with how lockdown works in KDE.
>
>I feel this is unnecessary, but I won't fight for this, especially if
>it's needed for compatibility reasons. I'm not sure GKeyFile makes it
>easy to know the order of the groups, though.

If the autostart spec says that [$i] needs to be before [Desktop Entry]
you don't need to care in GKeyFile where the entry is: either the file
follows the spec and you know what to do or it doesn't follow the spec
which means the behavior is undefined and you can do whatever you like.
The only thing you need to take care of is that [$i] is at the beginning
when you write the file out to disk.

Cheers,
Waldo