Improving freedesktop.org

Pat Suwalski pat at suwalski.net
Fri Sep 1 00:09:10 EEST 2006

Bastian, Waldo wrote:
>     * Improve website to allow easier tracking of implementation status
>       of specs.
>     * Add/expand test suites to specs (which specs in particular?)

My point is probably not original, but I'm thinking a general
re-organization of the site. I would definitely put the X stuff on its
own section, explain the differences in the 6-or-so X server links in
the Software page, and so on. Break it up a little more.

Additionally, while I don't particularly like Trac, the way madwifi.org
works right now it very impressive. They set milestones, and show little
progress bars of how much is left to do. It's always up to date. The
Roadmap is particularly well represented in their Trac.

Basically, much of the information is out of date, and while I would
love to update it (it *is* a wiki), only the developers know what to put.

--Pat