org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Apr 2 15:15:32 EEST 2007

On Sunday 01 of April 2007, Dan Winship wrote:
> It doesn't have to be a future version (or at least, not any farther
> into the future than the version of g-p-m that supports o.f.PM).
> Shutdown(), Reboot() and Logout() are just alternate ways of invoking
> existing functionality, so they'd be one-liners. And the code to
> implement Inhibit is pretty much the same whether you put it in g-p-m or
> gnome-session. So really, the hardest part of implementing the interface
> in gnome-session right away would be the dbus glue. Which isn't that big
> a difficulty.

 As you point yourself below, just plain Shutdown(), Reboot(), Logout() calls
are not the right interface (that's Shutdown(void) etc. for you C folks), so
at least some thinking needs to go even to designed such simple interface.

> (And ksmserver in KDE4 already has a D-Bus method for shutdown, reboot,
> and logout, so it would be even less work for them.)

 Not precisely, there's only logout( int, int, int ) and one has to look in
the sources to find out how those arguments control the logout (whether to
shutdown/reboot etc.).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz