org.freedesktop.PowerManagement version 0.2

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Apr 2 15:24:13 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 23:17 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 18:10 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > I agree, and I'd even say that gpm and others shouldn't
>
> Shouldn't or should?

Shouldn't....

> > start providing the SM interface as it may be a bit more complicated
> > than the proposed Shutdown()/Reboot()/Logout() methods (e.g. Lubos
> > Lunak's comments earlier today).

... because of the reasons above.

> Jon, what have you spec'ed out so far with GDM?

But gdm can never provide an interface on the D-Bus session bus in a
desktop session. And it shouldn't - gdm is highly sensitive code so we
want as few attack vectors as possible. However, gdm can (and already
does) provide a mechanism that e.g. gnome-session (which should provide
org.fd.SessionManagement) can use. Hope this clarifies.

     David