org.freedesktop.SessionManagement

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Tue Apr 3 03:04:43 PDT 2007

On 4/3/07, Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2007 at 09:07:13AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > No, we need to provide a way for clients to delay (think to save a
> > file) or to cancel the shutdown (say encoding a file),
>
> > although the latter use case can be dealt with using the more suited
> > inhibit system.
> >
> fwiw, i don't think it's more suited (why should it?).
> given that the callback mechanism is necessary anyway, why introduce a
> second system that manages state in the service?

What about system-level apps that need to inhibit (think daemons)?
They have no session daemon to register to.

System-level locking is still needed and it's more suited as it does
not require you to register any foobar callbacks that just return
FALSE, instead you just obtain a lock on a specific HAL device and
free the lock when you're done.

--
Patryk Zawadzki
Generated Content