[Wasabi] Kicking of the Metadata spec - brainstorm

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:34:13 PDT 2007

Sorry for the radio silence about Xesam, but I was on a 100% off line
vacation to Cyprus.

Anyway, I put up a brainstorming wiki page at:
http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/XesamMetadataBrainstorm

I've already put some of my thoughts on it, so go go read it - or even
better put your own thoughts on it.

Info we need from search engine devs:
What are your requirements as to the definition of metadata fields? Look at
my proposal on the wiki - does it handcuff you or require/imply features you
are unlikely to support?

Basically - what do you need to define a metadata field in your particular
implementation?

Cheers, and happy easter,
Mikkel

PS: Please note the *brainstorm* word. All ramblings are welcome.