Question on icon theme

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Dec 11 06:26:58 PST 2007

Fosstux wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Well this document contains a list of icon names as a base of an icon
> theme - but all the apps icons and the distribution specific icon names
> are not included.

Yes, I agree.  In fact, I suggested previously that in addition to to
icons included in the standard that a date base exist on FD.o for
developers to register the names of their icons.

08/04/07 22:48: Non-spec icon name registration

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2007-August/008689.html

We also have the problem that KDE uses a lot more icons than GNOME and
the XDG developers seem reluctant to add a lot of KDE icons to the spec.
  So, perhaps we also need subdivisions (addendums) of the standard for
DeskTops other than GNOME (one for each) maintained by the DeskTop.  I
would be happy to work on this.  In fact, I started a database of the
KDE icons:

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/playground/artwork/Icon_Rename/DB.ods

I have been ill and stopped working on it, and didn't start again
because it was obvious that nobody at KDE had any use for it. :-(

IAC, this, and other files in that directory tree, might be of some
answer to your question.

--
JRT