Icon naming spec suggestions - places

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Tue Dec 25 16:18:07 PST 2007

Well whatever, let's have a few more. This time:
the places category.

--- Wishlist: what I would like to see (but can live without) ---

* start-here

If you look at gnome-icon-theme, there's the typical GNOME foot as start-here
icon, just as Oxygen currently has its K logo there (we're going to move this
to start-here-kde soon). As you can easily imagine, it would be annoying for
GNOME users that like the Oxygen style, but get the KDE logo in their panel,
and the other way round.

My suggestion is to add a clarification to the icon description,
something like:

"The (desktop independent) icon used by the desktop's main menu for accessing
places, applications, and other features."

The implication being that the desktops should use more specific icons for
their start menus, I think start-here-kde and start-here-gnome would be a
good idea for this.

That's all for the places category, cheers,
  Jakob