Standardized keyboard shortcut to paste PRIMARY?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Feb 19 13:05:15 PST 2007

James Cloos wrote:
>Shift-Ins is the standard key to paste PRIMARY, and Control-Ins is
>the standard key to copy something selected via the keyboard to
>PRIMARY.  And they have been the standard since late last century.

Ctrl+Ins is a synonym to Ctrl+C and Shift+Ins is a synonym to Ctrl+V. Both
operate on CLIPBOARD on KDE/Qt applications.

Whether they should operate on PRIMARY *too* is open for debate.
Currently, they don't, but I can't see a reason why they shouldn't.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358