[Wasabi] Kicking of the Metadata spec - brainstorm

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 12:56:42 PST 2007

2007/2/20, Joe Shaw <joeshaw at novell.com>:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 21:23 +0100, Jos van den Oever wrote:
> > Hehe, now _you_ are taking this spec further then intended. ;-)
> > I'll not get into this. On the KDE side this is something for
> > Sebastian Trueg (Nepomuk) to consider.
>
> Heh.  Fair enough.  Should we keep it simply to the search-side of
> things, then?

The intention is to define a way to define metadata fields. This is
required for searching and useful for metadata read/write too. So lets
come up with the properties we allow metadata fields to have. I think
what we have so far is what is required for searching too. So this
will not be about an API for reading and writing.

I would like to say that this will allow us to have common unit tests
for the data extractors. This is a nice boon.