Scanner infrastructure in freedesktop

Donald Straney burntfuse at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 05:13:14 PST 2007

Again, sorry for the wait, I've been busy with stuff.  I've attached
the next version, which now scans the buttons and sends a signal when
one is pressed, with the name of the button (taken from the SANE
driver) as an argument.  Unfortunately I can't be 100% sure if it
works or not since I don't have a scanner with buttons - maybe I'll
modify the test backend or something.

About the build scripts: overall they work great, but I've noticed
that for some reason after I run configure then "make", it runs
configure again before starting on the default target.  I've looked
through the autoconf and automake files but couldn't figure out why.
Also, if it isn't too much trouble, could you please get it to install
imcapd.conf (in the root dir) to /etc/dbus-1/system.d for the install
target? (it's for the dbus security policies)

To listen on the system bus and listen for messages from HAL, the
daemon now needs to be run as root.  It might work as a normal user on
other systems where the dbus security policies are different, though
(I'm using Ubuntu 6.10).

Donald Straney