Simple search API proposal, take 2

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 13:46:02 PST 2007

2007/1/11, Jamie McCracken <jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk>:
> Jamie McCracken wrote:
> >

> >> Could you define what the a{sa{sas}} map is?
> >
> > it should probably be a{sv} where s is the uri and v is the variant
> > holding an array of metadata values for that uri (the order of the
> > metadata fields will match the fields specified in the properties array)
> >

> actually we use "aas" or "aav" for the equivalent function in tracker
> simply because the hashtable/dict screws up the rank ordering
>
> in fact never use a{xx} for anything where you want to preserve the
> order of results

Well, using a flat list would require that the hit_id was a property
too. It doesn't feel right to me...

Is it really that bad to screw up ordering? There could just be a
property to sort after. If you request (0,100) you know you are only
going to sort 100 hits at a time... I acknowledge that it is doulbe
work though.

Cheers,
Mikkel