Scanner infrastructure in freedesktop

Étienne Bersac bersace03 at laposte.net
Sun Jan 28 08:49:33 PST 2007

Hi,

> Anyways, the source for the test daemon is attached, and info's in the
> README.  I have to admit that I don't have any SANE-compatible
> devices, so I can't be 100% sure it actually will go through a full
> scan.

Note that you can enable the "test" backend by adding "test"
in /etc/sane.d/dll.d/test . Edit /etc/sane.d/test.conf in order to
choose how many virtual device you want, what do you wish they show,
etc.

I will gladely help you writing SANE support (i begin to be quite
familiar with SANE :) ).

Anyway, i'll check it out later.

Keep it up !
Étienne.