Actions: grouping vs. extensibility

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 07:56:51 PDT 2007

I propose not to change the rules, but to extend them by adding more fallback
code. Apps written to the old spec will work as supposed and will fix that
when they want to, and not when KDE says so.

There's a clear problem with the spec and it can be resolved without breaking
compatibility.

KDE could have implemented additional fallbacks without asking or hurting
anyone. What they want is to discuss and coordinate the extensions so that
they eventually become a part of the spec.

-- Evgeny