[XESAM] Ontology sketch. Feedback needed. This time with attachment.

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 14:25:45 PDT 2007

2007/5/30, Evgeny Egorochkin <phreedom.stdin at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like you to take a look at the ontology sketch
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/PhreedomDraft?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=viz.png
>
> It's not complete. Some fields/classes are dropped intentionally.
> I'd like to hear some feedback first.
>
> Points of interest:
> *** Sources
>         *Source hierarchy
>         *Which properties belong to content and which to source?

I was just  scanning through
http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/~mylka/nie.pdf<http://www.dfki.uni-kl.de/%7Emylka/nie.pdf>.
As far as I can read in Nepomuk DataSource does not derive from DataObject.
Also it states that a DataObject is something where you can physically
retrieve some bytes in some way or other. Taking this into account I don't
think it makes sense to let User derive from DataObject either.

Personally I would prefer to have a field Category and a field Source, but I
know from IRC that this will cause trouble in some implementations, but I
would like to have this stuff discussed on-the-record so to speak; so please
chime in with your concerns regarding this.

Cheers,
Mikkel

PS: Sorry for sending this twice Evgeny, my touchpad is playing tricks on me
:-)