[XESAM] Ontology snapshot

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:04:37 PDT 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 15:33:55 Fabrice Colin wrote:
> On 6/3/07, Evgeny Egorochkin <phreedom.stdin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday 03 June 2007 11:09:19 Fabrice Colin wrote:
> > > They would fall under Image. Isn't that good enough ?
> >
> > I meant handling thumbnails of files. Strigi has a thumbnail field for
> > files. Not sure about other indexers, not sure we need this in xesam.
> > Ideas? Might thumbnail retrieval be useful somehow?
>
> Isn't there a thumbnail management standard cooking somewhere on
> freedesktop.org ?

I've found out that Tracker also deals with thumbnails. Would Xesam be a
useful interface to thumbnails in the light of a clear demand to show result
thumbnails?

> > > Aren't Message.primaryRecipient and Message.recipient actually the same
> > > thing ?
> >
> > No. Message.recipient lists all recipients(primary and secondary) i.e.
> > to+cc+bcc or IRC chat participants.
>
> Any specific reason why these couldn't be separate properties ?

You can conveniently query for primary recipient(s),  "witness recipients"
like people in a chatroom, "witness recipients" are further split into cc and
bcc for emails, and you still can easily query for a list of all people who
saw the message.