[XESAM] Spec update proposals

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 09:54:55 PDT 2007

2007/6/17, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com>:

> 2007/6/16, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > While hacking on xesam-tools[1] I have struck a few problems in the
> > current spec and I think we should settle them asap.
> >
> > Please have a look at
> > http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/XesamSearchUpdates and gimme some
> > feedback.
>

> It was just pointed out to me that the query schema in the current form
> does not have extendedSelectionTypes in the selectionTypes - this makes
> regExp and proximity selectors not allowed by the schema. I've updated http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/XesamSearchUpdates
> with a proposal 5.

More proposed updates. I've added a point 6 to the list at
http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/XesamSearchUpdates. It has to do with an
inherent race condition in the search  interface. When you fire a search via
NewSearch the server might start firing HitsAdded signals before you have a
chance to connect to them - in fact it might start firing these signals
before the call to NewSearch returns! I think this is an optimization we
need.

The proposed solution is to add a StartSearch() method to the interface.

Cheers,
Mikkel