[Wasabi] Project renaming

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 02:43:57 PDT 2007

2007/3/15, Fabrice Colin <fabrice.colin at gmail.com>:

> On 3/15/07, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinapis
> >
> > This one seems clear. I googled for "sinapis {tech, systems, soft,
> > software}"  and I din't find anything hight ranking at least.
> >
> The good thing about Sinapis is that it's close to Synapsis, which
> evokes connection
> and exchange.
>
> > Another suggestions could be "galanga".
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galangal (Formaly known as
> > Galangal, but is also called just "Galanga" - which sounds better in my
> > ears). This name seems even cleaner. There are really few hits when I
> try to
> > combine it with soft, software, tech, or system... Plus Galanga is a
> root
> > with a strong taste too :-)
> >
> Nice one. I would prefer Galangal to Galanga, which sounds too much like
> Galaga
> and might confuse people into thinking the project is about building a
> space invader
> type of game :-)

 Uh, but everybody loves space invaders... :-)

Galanga is also close to Galago (the presence framework for Gnome).

Other suggestions (related to chili peppers):

Pequin - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pequin (seems ununsed - 7-8 times
stronger than jalapeno :-D)
Aji - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aji_pepper (i'm not 100% sure it is
ununsed, but it seems to be)