org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:40:12 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 17:26 +0200, Holger Macht wrote:
> Ok, but than all the desktop people have to get involved and have to agree
> on this. Because once this is defined, they have to provide the interface
> functionality somewhere else if g-p-m or kpowersave are not running. On
> every system, you always need a org.freedesktop.PowerManagement.Reboot, no
> matter what.

Yes. And that includes stuff like GDM and KDM learning how to export a
session DBUS interface. This is what we are going to do with Fedora for
FC8.

> I currently just don't see a situation where this does not work and one
> needs an additional information source.
>
> > Again, we can punt this for now if you want; there are much more
> > important things to decide on.
>
> Yes, I would rather put it in the queue for now.

Yes, Agreed. Can you have a look at
http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/temp/power-management-spec-0.1.html and tell me if there are any funnies in that?

Thanks.

Richard.