org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Mar 29 14:36:36 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 23:07 +0200, Holger Macht wrote:
> And as a conclusion, if no one else has any comments on this, I think we
> should let it up to Richard to decide whether to take the Standby()
> methods or not.

Well, as this spec is a) intended to be stable soon; b) have a life-span
of many many years; c) probably will be used by closed-source ISV's; I
really think Standby() needs to go... Richard?

     David

ps. sorry for being an ass-tastic about this; I just think that, due to
a)-c) above that we need to be extremely careful about the interface;
this isn't some pre-1.0 interface like the ones in HAL that may break in
the future.