org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:33:03 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 00:30 +0200, Holger Macht wrote:

> And it will be that way. g-p-m isn't calling the gnome session logout
> method when it gets a Shutdown() call?

Yes, it's doing:

gnome_client_request_save (gnome_master_client (),
			   GNOME_SAVE_GLOBAL,
			   FALSE, GNOME_INTERACT_NONE, FALSE,  TRUE);

> > (Of course it would be easier to just remove Shutdown()/Reboot()
> from
> > the spec and leave this problem to people who care session
> management)
>
> IMO, it wouldn't be just easier, but more correct.

Think of the vendors. I really want people to use a dbus interface where
we can do clever things and talk to the session in an abstract way,
rather than just having scripts calling /sbin/shutdown

Richard.