org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Mar 30 07:26:54 PDT 2007

On Friday 30 of March 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 09:25 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> > You're going to need the power manager to talk to the session manager
> > anyway, because if the power manager is handling o.f.PM.Shutdown, it's
> > probably going to want to implement it basically the same way g-p-m does
> > now (letting the session manager deal with the logout part), so that the
> > user gets logged out cleanly rather than just killing all his
> > processes.
>
> Yes, that fine as a long term plan, but I want something we can shove at
> ISV's and application developers really soon.  I see *worst case* we
> have to proxy the method when the session abstraction comes about.

 org.freedesktop.PowerManagement.Suspend()
 org.freedesktop.PowerManagement.GetOnBattery()
 org.freedesktop.ShutdownManagement.Shutdown()
 org.freedesktop.ShutdownManagement.Reboot()

 ?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz