Icon naming issue

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Apr 30 19:33:37 PDT 2007

Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> Even if there was I strongly believe that no particular desktop
> should place a full-blown icon theme in a shared path.

I agree that this is an issue that needs to be addressed.  At the
present time it isn't much of a problem.  However, when we all start to
use icon names that conform to the icon naming specification, it will
become an issue.

I agree.  HiColor should become a fd.o icon theme whose home is at fd.o.

> But as hicolor is a last resort when
> searching for icons, even this doesn't seem applicable.

Actually in many cases, it is, or should be, the first resort when the
user's chosen icon theme doesn't have the needed icon.

--
JRT