Xesam meta-meta-data spec needs attention.

jamie jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri May 4 14:31:21 EEST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 14:00 +0300, Evgeny Egorochkin wrote:

> Missing are structures. As soon as we go further than generic metadata like
> author and size, and try to extract document structure, we'll run into
> troubles. An example: c++ sources with nested classes and their members. Too
> many workarounds would be necessary for .desktop

this is doable (we do support this in tracker and plan on adding support
to desktop files for this)

You would have a metadata type of struct
and have another field "children" that lists the child metadata names

Each child metadata will have its own def

Eg  for a struct type for Email:Address containg Contact:Name and
Contact:Email you would have:

[Contact:Name]
DisplayName=Contact:Name
Type=string