[XESAM] Minutes of meeting 2007-05-15

Joe Shaw joe at joeshaw.org
Thu May 17 13:52:48 PDT 2007

Hi,

On 5/17/07, jamie <jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> EG "Video" would be a subclass of "File" and "Web Bookmark" a subclass
> of "Bookmark" etc (this is the rdf or triple store way of doing things)
>
> I think in your case Hit type are the top level parents and File type are the children?

Not really, because the two things are complimentary.  "Video" does
*not* imply "File", because it could be "MailAttachment".

I forgot to mention in my last email that some results don't have a
file type.  A document with hit type "Contact" has no file type
because that doesn't make sense (and setting to also be "Contact"
would be pointless).

Joe