[XESAM] changes in the Xesam XML Query Languae

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Mon May 21 05:13:29 PDT 2007

2007/5/19, Jos van den Oever <jvdoever at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I was rereading the xesam-query.xsd and have the following remarks about
> it.
>
> - There is no target namespace. This must be fixed before it becomes
> final.
> - The attribute 'type' on <query> is redundant since one also use a
> selection for it.

Why is the type attrib redundant? Fx searching for stuff of type (or
"category" in our current terminology) Document and Xesam:
Content.Creator=Jos needs it AFAI can see.

The namespace should be fixed, that is certain. I believe the wiki page also
state that... It would just be nice to know if we get those project pages on
fdo or not before we settle on a namespace.

I have some other "diff"-proposals for the search spec somewhere, I'll post
them in a sec...

Cheers,
Mikkel