[XESAM] RDF vs .Desktop

Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes gromgull at gmail.com
Fri May 18 00:22:40 PDT 2007

The characters are not redudant, the format doesn't care about
whitespace, so you can't use the initial tab/spaces to know that all
the triples belong to the first subject. The . character is used to
terminate triple about a subject, ; is used introduce more (property,
values) with the same subject and ',' (comma) can be used to have more
values for the current subject and property.

Of course you can come up with your own version where whitespace DOES
matter, and these characters are removed, but that feels quite
counter-productive to me.

At the end of the day not so many people will write this format by
hand. It's not hard to write a simple ontology editor that can
serialize to proper N3 (I sent around some machine-generated examples
in the irc meeting that still look nice)

- Gunnar