standard dependancy system

Mildred ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Thu Nov 22 14:10:01 PST 2007

Le Thu 22/11/2007 à 18:25 Thomas Leonard à écrit:
> On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:58:23 +0100, Mildred wrote:
>
> This is almost exactly how it already works (except that the URI for
> libpng is actually
> http://freenet-homepage.de/LinuxCNC/0install/Libpng/ libpng.xml). See:
>
>   http://0install.net/

Yes, 0install might work like that (I never used it) but not everyone
wants to use 0install and some prefer using the packages provided by
the distributrion.

The idea was more to provide a standard interface that would be
customized by the distribution.

Maybe this could be integrated in 0install somehow, providing hooks so
the distribution may customize what happens when a resource is required.
Do you think it is possible ? And do you think it is possible to make
it widely accepted ?

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'lya
E-Mail:	mildred593(at)online.fr

Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>
XMPP:	<mildred at jabber.fr> (GoogleTalk, Jabber)

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]