protocol/scheme entry in .desktop?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Nov 26 11:14:58 PST 2007

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 07:54:41PM +0100, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> On Monday, 26. November 2007, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 12:08:28PM +0100, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> > > I would guess this doesn't map too well to a predefined set of protocols?
> >
> > I don't understand that sentence...
>
> Eh, sorry. I meant that it would probably be a good idea to somehow allow a
> set of protocols that is dynamically assigned to an application.

Indeed, but then it is a completly different thing. Certainly like the
vfs/plugins stuff. What I propose is to have a list of static protocol
possibilities of applications. It certainly doesn't solve all the
issues surrounding protocol handling, but it solves some, and is very
simple and similar with something that already exists (the mime
support).

--
Pat