locale specific for .desktop

Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center Takao.Fujiwara at Sun.COM
Thu Oct 18 04:28:18 PDT 2007

Patryk Zawadzki wrote:
> 2007/10/18, Takao Fujiwara - Tokyo S/W Center <Takao.Fujiwara at sun.com>:
>
>>The problem is the ability to show the limited locales only by default installation.
>>If this feature is implemented, your case is also covered, e.g.
>>
>>OnlyShowInLang=zh_CN,en_CN or OnlyShowInLang=zh,en
>>
>>But the default value is designed in the system supportability and it also has the extention for each request.
>

> Why? If I take my laptop to Japan it will still run in pl_PL locale
> but my demand for software might change. I strongly believe (and
> others seem they also do) that hiding an application from the user is
> doing him a bad favor.

The users don't have the bad favor because the system is configured under the default configuration and it means the users are properly explained how to show the specific application when they change the locales.