Bundles, a draft specification

Mildred ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Sun Sep 2 03:20:12 PDT 2007

Hi,

I sent a message a while ago on this list about bundles without having
an answer. So I finally created a draft specification for this.

http://mildred817.free.fr/Misc/Computer/Ideas/Spec/Bundles.html
http://mildred817.free.fr/Misc/Computer/Ideas/Spec/Bundles/Bookmark_Bundle.html
http://mildred817.free.fr/Misc/Computer/Ideas/Spec/Bundles/Metadata_Bundle.html
Please excuse the language ...

Bundles are directories that contains others files. And these
directories (called bundles) are to be handled differently by files
managers than usual directories, more like files.

The basic bundle specification just describe the structure of a bundle.
This includes a database that stores mime types for all files in the
bundle.

Then there are two others specifications, one that defines a bookmark
containing an URI and the cached version of the page the URi refers to,
and the others contains only a desktop file and specifies that files
managers should treat this bundle as if it was the desktop file.

Please tell me what you think about this. This is still a draft I just
wrote.

Thanks

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'lya
Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]