Bring fuse to the desktop

Mildred ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Tue Sep 11 08:57:58 PDT 2007

Le Tue 11/09/2007 à 08:52 Alexander Larsson à écrit:
> I'm working on a replacement of gnome-vfs. It will in addition to the
> native APIs allow access to all mounted gvfs filesystems via fuse,
> much like you're asking for.

That's great (having fuse integrated in gnome/kde) but I was more
thinking of a way to standardize fuse filesystems to be able to use
them anywhere.

For example, I create a filesystem and the fuse program to mount it.
What I think is a desktop file that will tell gnome/kde/whatever how to
use this fuse filesystem.

The same way we have desktop files for applications, we could have
desktop files for fuse filesystems. There must be just one property
added to be able to know it describes a fuse filesystem, and the Exec
property would take one more % replaement that would expand to the
mountpoint chosen by the desktop environment.

No ?

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'lya
Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]