[XESAM] Aiming for RC1 this sunday. Missing pieces...

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:08:54 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I've been discussing with Evgeny on IRC, and we agreed that it should be
possible to compile XESAM 1.0 RC1 spec for this sunday (2007-09-16).

Here are the missing pieces that needs to be settled before sunday:

 1.1) Evgeny has a few updates for the ontology that will be merged;
Bookmarks (and Tags as first class objects), Notes, and Documentation come
to mind.

1.2) More documentation about structure and ideas behind onto.

 2) Return type for GetHits and GetHitData should be decided. The problem
that is with the current (aav) is that it doesn't handle unset fields.
Another problem is to represent unset values in a list.

3) Keyword -> fields/category map for user search language. What keywords
are supported in queries like "title:foobar hello ".

4) Document query language (an xml schema is not exactly documentation :-D)

5) Document search API more thoroughly

6) Define error cases in search API (ie. is it an error to call GetHits on
an unstarted search - should an error be thrown ?)

7) And the final - ontology format (rdf vs .ini)

Cheers,
Mikkel