[XESAM] Aiming for RC1 this sunday. Missing pieces...

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:50:35 PDT 2007

2007/9/14, Shaun McCance <shaunm at gnome.org>:

> On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 01:01 +0200, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> > Man I love speaking to myself :-) Anyways, I just completed (4). Check
> > it out at http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/XesamQueryLanguage and
> > gimme the flames...
>
> (I'm not involved in any way with any project that would
> be implementing this.  I just like reading specifications.)
>
> Regarding the regExp extension, should the exact regular
> expression syntax be specified?  (Pointing to an existing
> implementation of regexps would be sufficient.)  I'm just
> imagining a scenario where a regexp doesn't match what it
> should, because the client and the engine don't agree on
> what means what.

Yes, I have been contemplating this a bit, but have been unable to decide
what would be suitable this case.

Now that glib has gotten libpcre support we might look in that direction. I
don't know what regexp lib the KDE folks use... Another matter is what stuff
like sqlite and such support.

Any proposals or comments are most welcome.

Cheers,
Mikkel