Shared-mime checking order

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Sep 18 02:37:17 PDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 08:35 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 22:03 +0200, David Faure wrote:
> >
> > > We should also make sure that we add all possible conflicting extension
> > > matches to the database. For instace, if we add "*.pdf" to
> > > application/x-gzpdf then we could use sniffing to resolve which one it
> > > is.
> >
> > I agree. My unit test for the *.doc conflict-resolving shows that "*.doc" should
> > be added to the glob patterns for text/plain, for instance.
> > Do you have access for making changes to the specification and to the shared-mime database, btw? (I don't)
>
> I think i have write access, but at the very least i know some people
> who have that i can badger if if turns our I don't. Have you made any of
> these changes and would like me to apply them?

I should probably have mentioned that before, but there's now a test
suite in shared-mime-info CVS courtesy of Matthias Clasen. You'll need
to have xdgmime checked out and compile at the same level as
shared-mime-info. Running make in CVS will run the test suite.

All changes to the freedesktop.org.xml.in file should have the an entry
in the test suite.

I'll update the HACKING file to reflect that.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>