[XESAM] Aiming for RC1 this sunday. Missing pieces...

Fabrice Colin fabrice.colin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 00:01:05 PDT 2007

Hi all,

On 9/18/07, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen <mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that Strigi has some work in, but I am not sure how far they are
> (they share a XESAM query parser with Pinot (part of the Dijon project on
> berlios)).

Strigi and Pinot share the same (give or take a few SVN revisions)
parser for the Query Language. Both have a parser for the User
Search Language, but that's not shared right now.

> Joe Shaw <joe at joeshaw.org>, xdg at lists.freedesktop.org
> > Similarly, who has implemented on the client?  I am only aware of the
> > reference tests that Mikkel has written.  Beagle doesn't have a
> > client.  If there are other clients out there, has anyone tested
> > against the Beagle-Xesam adaptor?  I sure haven't.  I know Arun did do
> > the server work using the reference client.

Anyone knows whether there are any plans to add support to Deskbar, or
the new GTK file chooser ?

> I am currently working on xesam-glib a native client binding with
> gobjects much similar to the libbeagle api. The code is not release ready
> yet, but it it really really close now (I am actually mostly waiting for
> Xesam RC1).

I might be interested in making use of this in Pinot.

I am only now getting my head around the updates made to the spec
and the documentation you wrote for the Query Language. I notice
that the documentation says that query's attributes are "content"
and "source", whereas the examples and the xsd file in xesam-tools
0.5.0 list "content" and "storedAs". Which is right ?

Fabrice