SpatialBundles

Luca Cappelletti luca.cappelletti at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 01:01:03 PDT 2007

Hello,

first thanks for your review,

On 9/19/07, Mildred <ml.mildred593 at online.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Then the 3 last lines kept displaying in an infinite loop. I had to
> kill the process.
>
> Does it works without zenity ?

I forgot to mention that it's just a technology preview and is build against
Ubuntu Feisty and strictly depend (now, but in future will default to
available dialog widgets) on bash and zenity.

Also, that kind of self-extracting package already exists, what's the
> advantage of this one ?

You're right, I started from makeself and build more wrapper around the
payload inside the self-extracting to provide more control against the
bundle.
The advantage will be the builder that I'll release to you to permit generic
users to package everithink and to permit developer to build against the
bundle.

I also wonder if you should not choose another language like perl that
> is more portable. It's easy to do something that does not works
> everywhere in shell.

I agree to get a new choice, now in my mind there is REXX or Scheme but not
perl.
Bash is the default shell and it's good to do very good job until you reach
your limits, you can find it everywhere from Linux based to BSD to OSX and
if you want also in Windows and patching with Bashdiff you'll have more and
more... but I would like to provide generic users simply program interface
like we had at C64 times (do you rememer how was simply and immeidate gaming
with C128 BASIC??).I would like to provide same feedback and seems that REXX
it's closed to what I mean...but I'm searching now :)

I'm totally open to parse alternatives

Luca

--
---
Luca Cappelletti

"...Together we stand, divided we fall."

.O.
..O
OOO

Skype: luca <dot> cappelletti
Linux Registered User: #223411
Ubuntu Registered User: #7221
http://www.advogato.org/person/mutek/
http://persone.softwarelibero.org/person/mutek
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucaCappelletti/
"l'intelligenza è utile per la sopravvivenza se ci permette di estinguere
una cattiva idea prima che la cattiva idea estingua noi"

"La chiave di ogni uomo è il suo pensiero. Benché egli possa apparire saldo
e autonomo, ha un criterio cui obbedisce, che è l'idea in base alla quale
classifica tutte le cose. Può essere cambiato solo mostrandogli una nuova
idea che sovrasti la sua"

"Uno studioso è soltanto un modo in cui una biblioteca crea un'altra
biblioteca "