thumbnail mtime, ctime

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Tue Apr 1 15:08:46 PDT 2008

Le mardi 01 avril 2008, à 23:30 +0200, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> >> You are correct about this. But in my opinion the consequence of this
> >> should be another change of the spec. It should be rephrased to say
> >> that the empty PNG file should only be created if thumbnail generation
> >> failed even though the file was opened successfully. It seems wrong to
> >> me to save a failure PNG only because the file cannot be accessed. And
> >> it would be relatively easy to change the implementations accordingly.
> >
> >As a follow-up, Nautilus and gThumb have been patched to skip
> >thumbnailing entirely on files with insufficient read permissions, so no
> >failed thumbnail is read or written.
> >
> >Now... is anyone in a position to modify the thumbnailing spec? Or is it
> >maintainerless?

Patch? :-)
Btw, if anybody has the original docbook document, please send it to me.
Else, I'll do some html-to-docbook work...

> Can we also get it a decent home, instead of in someone's public_html?

I'll work on this. The public_html approach was just a temporary
workaround ;-) I really need to take a whole day to clean things for
specs.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.