Desktop menu - new category

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Thu Apr 17 21:55:48 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 09:57 -0400, Randy Kramer wrote:

> The reason(s) I suggest philosophy include:

Philosophy is the secular counterpart to theology.

It hardly seems appropriate for tools relating to
contemplation of the Spirit, and in any case it would
only be appropriate for certain sorts of application.

One would not find (for example) a bible-themed game
for small children under Philosophy.  Nor a program
that issued a call for prayer at dawn.  I suppose
that a "Ritual" category could exist alongside
"Philosophy", and another for "Ministry", but what
Ritual (religious practice) and Ministry (spreading a
religion or faith) have in common is a belief in
something spiritual, in contradistinction to philosophy,
which describes and studies from outside.

Hope this helps...

Liam